2016 Spring Carnival – Beverage and Wait Staff
About the Company
The Western Australian Turf Club (trading as Perth Racing) has an iconic history of hosting thoroughbred racing in the state of Western Australia for over 160 years. Perth Racing, a multi-faceted racing, entertainment and event business stages approximately 92 race meetings including outstanding Carnivals per year from 2 premier metropolitan tracks, Ascot and Belmont. Belmont Park sees an exciting new chapter for Perth Racing with the highly anticipated re launch promising to be the preferred venue of choice for event organisers to stage unique and major events.
About this Role
With an impressive 2016 Ascot Racing Carnival fast approaching Perth Racing is commencing recruitment across our multiple restaurant, function and beverage areas with the opportunity to work at some of Perth’s biggest racing and non-racing events in 2016.
The 2016 Ascot Racing Carnival is set to be Perth Racing’s biggest to date with major racing and cultural events occurring each weekend during the season from October through to January 2017.
- Ascot Opening Day – October 15th2016
- Irish Day – October 22nd2016
- Moon Festival Race day – October 29th2016
- Melbourne Cup – 1stNovember 2016
- Champion Fillies day – November 12th2016
- Railway Stakes – 19thNovember 2016
- Winterbottom Stakes – 26thNovember 2016
- Kinston Town Classic – 3rdDecember 2016
- Perth Cup – 31stDecember 2016
- Opportunities for standard racedays, and events 7 days across our two venues
We are recruiting for hospitality professionals to fill the following positions
- Bar and wait staff across corporate and public areas who can manage demand of customers while keeping a smile on their face;
- Restaurant managers, host/cashiers, wait staff with knowledge and experience in busy, contemporary restaurant environments.
To be successful in these roles you will have;
- Previous experience serving and pouring alcohol (large scale event experience is desirable but not essential);
- Previous experience within a restaurant or large functions centre (desirable);
- Demonstrated commitment to provide outstanding customer service focus and experience;
- Be able to contribute to a cohesive team;
- Be effective, efficient and reliable in a fast paced, high energy environment;
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol certification.
In return for your skills and achievements Perth Racing will offer you the opportunity to join our dynamic team, gain invaluable experience and contribute in an exciting and challenging environment. You will be rewarded with competitive rates, excellent working conditions, an array of social and employee benefits and a professional and friendly working environment.
If you are 100% customer focussed and meet the requirements of these roles, please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining your interest online .Please note only candidates that strictly meet the requirements will be considered and only short listed applicants will be contacted. Only candidates with Australian work rights should apply.
Casual Cleaner – Kewdale Railcar
We are currently seeking casual experienced cleaners to provide a range of cleaning services in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
This role will require working various hours Monday to Sunday. You will be working unsupervised to provide a high quality cleaning service. This requires willingness to work flexible hours and an ability to manage your own time in order to meet deadlines. The role involves manual handling and lifting and may require you to stand for lengthy periods and work in hot or noisy environments.
To be successful you must have a high level of fitness, strong communication and customer service skills and have the ability to work independently
All applicants must possess:
Training in the safe use of cleaning chemicals and equipment is an advantage, but not essential.
Experience working in a professional cleaning capacity preferred.
Experience using commercial or industrial cleaning products and equipment preferred.
Please note this role will require the successful application to undergo pre-employment medical tests and a police clearance check.
Experienced Food & Beverage Attendants – Baristas/Bar/Wait Staff
Isle of Voyage at Elizabeth Quay is seeking the following:
casual full time/part time staff for -bar/baristas/wait staff
The venue is a vibrant operation open 7 days a week from morning breakfast to late evening dining and will be providing amazing offerings from Single Origin coffees, freshly squeezed juices, contemporary and classic cocktail menu and a WA focused wine list.
We are looking for experienced, proactive, hands on team who have a passion for service and the industry.
The sucessful candidates will meet the following criteria:-
Passionate about hospitality
Interact with guests to anticipate and gain understanding of guests needs
Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a busy cafe/bar enviroment
Have strong interpersonal skills and initiative
Have a customer first attitude and attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
A high conversational level of English
Sound knowledge of food and beverages
Demonstarte high levels of customer service skills
Have full working rights in Australia
Valid RSA certificate
Please email your resume to email@example.com