What are you doing on the 16th July? We know where we will be! The Perth St. John’s party is happening at the Doubleview Bowling Club between 12 and 8pm and we wouldn’t miss it for the world! The feast day is traditionally a celebration of midsummer and rural life in Brazil and has other adaptations around the globe. The Perth party on the 16th July includes traditional Brazilian music and dancing, Brazilian cuisine and drinks, games, raffles, and prizes. There will also be a prize for the best traditional costume. So what are you waiting for? Grab a ticket from reception (only $10) or buy a ticket at the door ($15-much cheaper if you buy in advance). For further information ask Felicity or have a look at flyers around the school.
On Monday GV Perth students enjoying making gorgeous little origami animals. Perhaps the best part was the naming of creatures. There were horses, swans and cranes with such names as “Will Smith”, “Cute”, and “Ugly”. Very creative!
Restaurant / Bar / Office – Hospitality All Rounder
Food and Beverage Attendants (Casual roles)
What are we looking for in our employees?
-Excellent customer service
-Available on short notice for casual workload
-Must be able to work weekends, nights and even public holidays
-Impeccable grooming standards
-Good spoken English
-Outgoing and friendly
-Someone who can take ownership and accountability
-Have the right to work in Australia
-Immediate start available
Due to the nature of the roles in Food and Beverage, it is important that all F&B Attendants are physically capable to move and carry furniture and heavy items from time to time, e.g. move tables and chairs for functions, carry food on beverages on trays, etc.
Food and Beverage attendants:
•Pines Restaurant (PM and/ or weekends)
•Lobby Lounge Bar (PM and/or weekends)
•Plaza Club (am or pm shifts and weekends)
•K1 Bar attendant (pm and weekends)
Other as required.
Remuneration: Casual rates as per the Hospitality Industry General Award (HIGA).
Please note that it is our policy to only communicate with candidates we interview.
For more employment opportunities, visit our website:
BAR AND CAFE STAFF CASUAL
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Availability to work weekends
- Current RSA Certificate
- A great attitude and the ability to pick up new tasks quickly
- A fast paced hotel environment
- Regular training
- Staff incentives
- Staff social events
Customer Service / Retail/Cashier / Shop Assistant
- general cooking of menu and pizzas
- cleaning of kitchen and pizzeria and maintaining hygiene standards
- kitchen prep
- pizzeria cashier and customer service
PO Box 8250
Perth Business Centre
Fax: 9227 1570
Etro Bistro is located in historical King Street, Perth and is open for breakfast and lunch 7 days serving an a la carte menu. Mostly day shifts, some evening function work.
This is a lifestyle position for the right candidate. Candidates must love cooking and be able to communicate well. All meals, sauces, dressings and dips are made on the premise. Function experience preferred. This position works directly with the head chef/owner. .
Go to our website www.etro.net.au to find out more info on our menus.
Send your resume via email now. Immediate start
Every Wednesday at GV Perth we hold a job workshop to assist students in finding work. These include tips on job interviews, how to write CVs and cover letters, as well as how and where to find a job. There are also local jobs featured on the blog each week. This is where some of our students have ended up…
So for help in finding work in Australia come to the Wednesday job workshop!
TWO ROOMS AVAILABLE – HAMERSLEY
Two rooms available now – to share with kind lady owner in lovely clean house with big gardens. Room has single bed, wardrobe, draws & desk. Only 5 mins walk to train station. Approx 20 mins by public transport to school. Close to shops, parks & public transport.
Females only, non smokers must be clean & tidy. $150 per week includes: Internet, gas, electricity & water.
Please phone Therese below after 5pm week nights and anytime on the weekend or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
0431 122 031
We have a room available in Scarborough for $120pw & $500 bond. It is available as of Sunday, 10th July.
It is a small room, though you can squeeze a queen bed and computer desk in. Also there is a built in wardrobe.
Utility bills are split three ways – Electricity, Gas (there is no landline).
Internet (ADSL+2) is also available if you like which is also split fairly and evenly.
We have a courtyard that can be converted into a garden or vegie garden for those who have a green thumb 🙂
Smokers are considered but there is no smoking inside the house.
Dogs are allowed (we do not currently have pets, unless you count fish 😛 )
5min Walk to the beach
Jetts Gym 2min walk away
Karryinup shopping centre and Innaloo shopping centre both less than 10mins drive.
Close to Public Transport.
Video shop 2min walk.
what more could you want 😛
Currently there is two females living here 25/26, the third room mate is moving out and we need to fill in the other room ASAP. We’re looking for someone around our age 23-30.
We are pretty laid back, like a game of poker and a trip to the casino :P. We do not hold big parties here but occasionally have friends come around for drinks and poker.
Send us an email if you want to know more or catch-up for a coffee and see the house.
Room to rent for a couple in 3 bedroom house in Scarborough. Will be sharing the house with another couple. The house is fully furnished, spacious and has big garden.
7 min walk away from shops, restaurants and bus stops. 20 min walk to the beach.
Must be clean and tidy and bring your own kitchenware!
Must have a job!!
Rent $225 per week (includes all bills) + $400 bond.
Text to 0450 264 732 to arrange a viewing.
Declan ‘Decaz’ Ethridge is a surfboard shaper, repairer and glasser who happens to work right underneath GV Perth. He also designs custom made clothing. Maybe you have seen him walking around the building on his way to the beach for a surf? Declan does some really nice original work at quite a good price. He’s been repairing boards for the last 5 years and also knows how to ride them pretty well himself. For more information on Declan’s business Decaz Surf Designs visit his facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/decazsurfdesigns?sk=info or you can speak to the man himself.
Casual Salad Artist Required – To all of those trendy peeps! Do you have the goods to deliver unreal customer service! SumoSalad is looking for CASUAL Salad Artists who are full of life, energy and have the ability to excite others around them about our cool products.
Bartenders, Floor Staff, Kitchen Hand, Breakfast Chef, Chefs.
- All Staff will be provided with training and will be informed of their corresponding duties and responsibilities.
- All positions are Casual employment, however, our opening hours will be day and evening trade, so there are many hours in the week to fill.
- The management believes in rewarding excellent work ethics and hard workers!
- Positions available include, kitchen hands, qualified chefs, chefs in training, bartenders with experience and waiters (experience not essential)
- All floor staff and bartenders must have their Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- Chef applicants, please bring any diplomas/degrees and or workplace references to your interview.
- All applicants please email your resumes to the appropriate email address.
- Punctual, reliable, happy, hard workers, that have obtained or are wanting excellent work ethics.
Stefanie Carpenter (manager)
Kitchen Staff apply to:
Mark Yates (manager)
Waitperson – Casual
- A high level of personal presentation
- Excellent communication skills
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- The ability to work as a member of a team in a busy environment
- Flexibility towards working weekends
- Previous experience in similar positions is preferred but not essential
- Enjoy work with a view to the ocean
- feel the sea breeze as you go about being part of a new, and exciting family run business.
- Be part of a team led by an award winning chef from 2 of Perth’s Best Italian Restaurants, with 10 years International experience with Hilton International.
You must be passionate and self motivated, and love what you do!
For all positions you must ensure you have-
- Previous experience in the stated positions
- Good product knowledge.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- A passion for delivering a high standard of customer service.
Apply for these roles now by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button below.